Sunday, June 16, 2013

#blogjune Post 17 - You Can't Judge a Person By What They Read

I'm sorry for the late post but today I had bootcamp in the morning and even though I had an RDO (Rostered Day Off), I still had to do 2 loads of washing, drop Miss A at school, hang the wash, clean the house, clean the car and mow the lawn.  Don't worry, hubby and I did have a nice walk on the beach around lunch time so all was not all work and no play.  Anyway, it seemed I didn't have time to do a blog post this morning so here it is this afternoon.

A few fellow #blogjune bloggers have posted about their bookshelves (@greengecko29, @stokesrenee)  so I thought I would show off my 2 bookshelves today.


I'm not sure how well you can see the titles, but you will note a few romances, some SE Hinton, Fifty Shades, Twilight series (missing a book because I loaned it to someone and they didn't return it), a few parenting books and some books that belong to hubby.

Now I do read a lot but I don't buy a lot of books.  And the books I do buy, I then donate to the library, unless I want to hang on to them like SE Hinton, Twilight (may share with Miss A when she is older), 50 Shades (which is hard bound and I won it), signed copy of Greg Barron's Rotten Gods (Greg's a local and really great author - I'm taking this one up to my dad for him to read).

I also have a number of books on my tablet via the Kindle app, Bluefire Reader and Overdrive app (not for libraries but Harlequin ebooks can only be read on the Overdrive app).

I don't know about you but usually when I visit a person's house, the first thing I look for is a book shelf/case and then I ask if I can take a look.  Sometimes a book case contents can reveal a lot about a person.  But with the move to ebooks, many people don't have full book shelves.  Or like me, they donate their print books.

So what does my bookshelf reveal about me?


1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to you about this!! I worked in the public library before and I read almost everything and never bought any books from the bookshops and if I ever bought anything, I will then donate them back to the library....

    ReplyDelete