Thursday, June 23, 2016

#blogjune Post 24 - Road Trip

Quick post to say we (ie the family) are going on a road trip today.  It's a fleeting visit to Queensland for a wedding and will be returning home on Sunday.

Sometimes being in a car together creates some good and interesting conversations as we are forced away from our devices - ok Miss A is still on her's for most of the trip - and talk about things that are happening/decisions to be made/interesting sights you see as you drive.

Road trips as a child don't bring back fond memories.  I was always in the middle between my brother and sister, with the dog hanging his head over the back seat, drooling all over me.  When a fight was on between my sister and brother, there'd be hitting and yelling going on across me.  And then if I wanted to have a sleep, I had nothing to lean on because my brother and sister could lean against the door with their pillows but more often than not, would not let me lean on them.  Oh and don't get me started with punch buggy!!

So yes a road trip for us today!  There could be a break in blogging over the next two days as I'm not sure how internet access will be and how much time I will have.

PS what is it about appetites and road trips - my family seems to be 10 times more hungry in a car then out of one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment