Tuesday, June 7, 2016

#blogjune Post 8 - Time

Time is slipping away, never to be had again.  Well according to Miss A who slept in until 8 o'clock this morning and is now in the grumps with me for not getting her up earlier - I only have half an hour to play, Mum!  Well don't waste it crying!

Time takes on a new meaning when you run.  Yesterday I mentioned I did speed work and we had to do 6 x 1km reps with 3 minutes walking rest in between.  At first the 3 minutes seem to be a long time.  By the 4th rep it was starting to be too short!

With running you are usually running to better a time.  Go faster.  But sometimes when you are in the moment, you want time to stand still and let you be in that moment for longer.  Blink and it's gone and you are back to reality where time keeps moving.

For me, time appears to be moving faster and other times, it could not possibly go any slower.  Maybe it goes slower because I am always looking ahead - I think I need to spend more time just in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment